Established in 1996, the St. Kevin Hill School is a private, co educational, multicultural boarding and day school for both boys and girls.
The school was established as a result of persistent desire from Mr. Nyongesa Kevin Kefa to start a school that had a peculiar approach to education and teaching. The school was to become a role model in rural community and possibly in the country. The founders were anxious to build a school that would maintain very high standards in academic and co-curricular activities.
Offering strong academic teaching on various branches with facilities that are envy of many schools, the St. Kevin Hill School strives to impart an education that pupils will enable pupil to become well placed members of Kenyan society, who will shape Kenya for generations to come.
The school has a strong ethos based on values and ethics. The school strives to develop pupil who will exhibit:
- Ethics and morals
- Participation in sports and culture
The St. Kevin Schools are founded on Christian/Muslim morals and values with an ultimate goal of developing a whole human being who is emotionally, spiritually, physically, socially and intellectually endowed to enable him/.her cope better with life and community life of a global economy while making informed choices.
The St. Kevin Hill group of schools strives to provide high quality education that enables the individual to develop:
- Self reliance and critical thinking
- Desire to learn and achieve high standards in life
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong character
- Good leadership quality.
We strive to provide quality education for all Kenyans and east African region.
Statement of faith
We have always strived for excellence, perfection and improvement of quality young pupil life. We are committed to bringing the vision and mission of St. Kevin Hill group of schools to reality.
Objectives of the school
Our aim is to have a school that will flourish into one of the esteemed centre of learning in Kenya and east Africa region. The objective of the St. Kevin Hill group of schools is to:-
- To help all children make the most of their abilities and takes advantaged of the many opportunities offered to them to develop and widen their individual interests and talents i.e. holistic child development
- A well ordered, sensitive and a caring school community, where self disciplined members are encouraged to respect the integrity of each other.
- To help children have a sense of belonging to the school and the wider society by helping them to be caring and courteous.
- To foster children in pure interest and enjoyment in learning and acquiring knowledge.
- Foster the spiritual and intellectual moral growth of the learners
- Enable the students to develop good habits for effective living as individual and member of the community.
- Develop the individual imaginative, self reliance and thinking skills.
- Make it possible for individual to enjoy living and learning.
- Provide opportunities for an individual to develop his/her mental capabilities and physical growth.
- Enable the individual to appreciate his/her cultural background, customs and environment.
- Provide skills necessary for further education and survival in the modern world.
- Equal opportunity irrespective of race, culture, creed, gender, ability, social or economic class and physical disability i.e. a place where every one is valued.
- Curriculum that ensures balance in breathe, depth and relevance to each child i.e. a curriculum that seeks to achieve cohesion and continuity with other phases of education
- Contribution to their communities while instilling ethics and values that will help them stand up against discrimination on the basis of race, denomination, gender or handicaps.
- Equipping pupils with the necessary knowledge and skills to address contemporary issues and to develop an appreciation of African culture and heritage so that they can make appropriate decisions that positively impact their live are also crucial objectives.
Code of conduct in school
- We expect all pupils to dress in line with our school uniform policy at all times
- We expect all pupils to speak politely and behave in a way that shows respect to other school member i.e. teachers, staff & other management. Moreover, they should respect other members of the society
- Pupils should also respect and take care of their properties and also for others including school property.
- Pupils should keep up good morals, ethics and relationships.
- Pupils shall greet their teachers and visitors by saying: good morning sir/madam/miss or good afternoon sir/madam/miss as the case may be
- It is courteous for all pupils to say the word “PLEASE” when making a request and “THANK YOU” when being granted a request; students are in no way exempted from this rule of CONDUCT
- When question students asked should reply to a person.
- All students must stand when a teacher or visitor enters a classroom.
- Students must always make way for their teachers and visitors if they meet along the corridors.
School Motto: “Toil for the future”
- Co-Curricular Activities: the school lays great emphasis to co curricular activities. This includes games, sports and creative studies. This enhances good physical and development in pupils. The school has good facilities in games and sports such as volley ball net ball, e.t.c.
- Co-Curricular Activities: the school exposes pupils to other external activities such as field trips. Education excursions are organized for pupils monthly. The pupils are encouraged to participate so that they may have broader knowledge on what they have thought in class.
- Religion: though the school is inter-denominational whereby we have Muslims, Hindu and Christians, it is fully based on Christian Hinduism and Islamic values and morals. Apart from C.R.E. lessons, I.R.E. is taught as a subject as same to Hindu. This enhances the spiritual nourishment and growth to the pupils as we try to build strong spiritual faith and a God/Allah fearing community.